October 29, 2007 at 6:33 pm | Posted in Patchwork, quilt | 1 Comment

Yesterday I finally managed to do a project I’ve been thinking about for a long time now. In my wardrobe were hanging two corduroy blouses that I couldn’t really wear anymore, since they were so worn in places. But as things usually go, most of the fabric was still really nice, and since the colours of the blouses nicely complemented each other, the idea of a pillow cover was born:

Checkered Corduroy Pillow - Front

After cutting apart the blouses into front and backside and taking off the sleeves, I cut 8 12*12cm squares out of the backside fabric of each and assembled these into a checkered pattern. The frontside of the red blouse became the back of the pillow:

Corduroy Pillow - Backside

No separate closing needed, the button-band of the blouse does the job nicely, and if you look closely, there’s the little breast-pocket of the blouse in the upper right corner.

All in all, it came out pretty nice, and it was a very quick project, finished the same day I’ve started it. And there’s enough fabric left for a repeat performance, I already have a couple of ideas of what to make out of it. 😉


1 Comment »

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

  1. What a great idea and so good for the environment! Such a lovely project.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

Blog at
Entries and comments feeds.

%d bloggers like this: